Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Weight of the World

"The truth of the matter is that I alone do not determine my fate yet am a part of a cohesive whole, which is the interconnectedness of all people and the fabric of nature."

I have noticed that, in my daily life, my mind is constantly spinning, trying to plan for this or figure that out.  In a literal sense, if I let it, my mind carries the weight of the world.  This constant thinking happens on its own.  If I allow it to happen, it continues.  My point is that I do not have to "try" to map out my life before it happens in my mind, it is a part of past conditioning and is the background noise that clouds my life.

It really all comes down to confusion about the world in which I live.  If my assumption is that my life is what I make it and that I, alone, determine my destiny, then it makes sense that I need to be using my intellect to control my life.  It does imply a sense of lack of faith but more confusion.  This is because I can have faith but can let the fog of confusion in this world seep into my life.  The truth of the matter is that I alone do not determine my fate yet am a part of a cohesive whole, which is the interconnectedness of all people and the fabric of nature.  I am not separate yet inseparably joined with others and this planet.

Another truth is that the universe is a safe, good place that is nurturing me, caring for me and providing for me.  With these truths in hand, I can see that my mind working is just spinning my wheels.  What freedom there is in realizing I do not need to be constantly scheming and analyzing as the Universe has this all taken care of.

I surrender to the Universe and relax my mind as it does not need to control me anymore.  I have faith that things will work out as they should and my role is to accept life as it presents itself to me.  I see how I fit into the grand scheme of things, follow my dreams, and rest in the comfort that I am exactly where I need to be and have everything I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment