Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Truth

There is but one truth in life. That we are all one. There is one reality, one consciousness and one breath that gives us all life. This force and power is the power of Love.

Many times I want to make spirituality complex and add theories and explanations of why such and such happens.  It really all comes down to one basic truth that I often lose sight of.  That is the truth that Love is all there is.

All of the world is made out of this Love-essence.  It is like we are fashioned out of clay and then spend our lives questioning "Does clay exist?"  There is but one truth in life. That we are all one. There is one reality, one consciousness and one breath that gives us all life. This force and power is the power of Love.

In addition to all being made out of the same building block, we also participate in a shared reality.  That is the reality that binds us all together.  And we have one consciousness yet think we are separate.  The same breath that gives me life, gives you life as well.

My ego thinks that if I admit I am but a wave on a vast sea of consciousness, that my ego will die.  The reality is that my ego will die after my physical incarnation anyways.  The bigger reality is that I am not my ego.  What I am is much bigger than my ego but a spirit, part of the Great Spirit.  This is why all religions speak of sacrifice; it is ego sacrifice that they always are referring to.  If I sacrifice my ego now, that is association with my physical incarnation, I have nothing to lose.

The beauty of living a life according to my spiritual nature is that true happiness emerges.  I am living my life by that one power, the power of Love.  I embody that power and allow it to work through me.  What enfolds are dreams greater than what I could have imagined with my ego-mind, as love manifests itself in my life in a concrete way.

No comments:

Post a Comment